The Company: Media Company developing an engineering culture focused on an Agile working environment.
- Drive, manage, check and communicate the company Technology Strategy, from design to delivery, within Agile and Waterfall methodologies
- Coordinate the IT key members and their tribes, software architects and developers.
- Constantly look for opportunities to align standards and best practice across Tribes:
- Choice of technologies
- Consolidation of platforms
- Sharing of components across the various platforms
- Ensure we make informed and sensible choices around the use of new technologies and tools, taking into account
- The ability to recruit and train suitably skilled resources
- The anticipated life-span
- Whether something is a proven technology or a new entry onto the market
- Evangelise re-use across the Company Technology Teams
- Ensure we have a consolidated Technology Platform Roadmap that all tribes contribute to, that is clear, consistent and transparent and based on appropriate criteria, e.g. business benefit, customer experience impact, cost benefit etc, and includes items such as:
- Re-engineering opportunities
- Upgrades to components across the digital platform
- Retirement of end-of-life components across the digital platform
- at least 8/10 years experience in OTT or Digital companies or software engineering companies, as Sr architect, or Sr Delivery Manager, or Sr Software Developer
- Good knowledge of Agile and Waterfall methodologies
- Significant experience of designing and releasing complex web and/or mobile and OTT products, and understanding the impact on the customer experience
- High availability (24*7*365) web systems experience
- People Management experience
Self awareness, accountability, team playing, communication skills
Permanent, middle management.
Milan. Occasional travel to other European sites.