RIF. 3284: DIGITAL PROCUREMENT PROJECT MANAGER
Client: leading International Pharmaceutical Company listed on the Italian Stock Exchange, HQ in Milan
Position: The Digital Procurement Project Manager will develop the vision and drive the functional digital strategy to transform procurement’s operating model through the implementation and adoption of digital solutions across all our processes and ways of working, including new technologies. This position will lead the process (re)design and blueprint of procurement processes, where necessary, creating an end-to-end Digital Procurement suite across strategic sourcing, contract lifecycle management, e-sourcing, indirect procurement as well as global source to pay process.
The manager will be responsible for working directly with the 3rd party technology platform providers and other internal business partners to manage the scope and deliverables of the enablement process. Leadership and communication with all levels of the organization and global/local suppliers will be required.
End to end accountability for project execution within Procurement Excellence program including cost, scope, quality and schedule etc.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Develop the vision and create mid and long-term strategy for the digitalization of the procurement function.
- Scout, understand and maintain up to date knowledge of digital procurement developments and solutions
- Develop user cases and drives scalability and adoption across the procurement organization.
- Provide input to the procurement data strategy, data model, governance and processes for effective enablement of digital transformation.
- Continually understand Procurement and key stakeholders’ expectations related to systems, processes and technology.
- Make sure project delivers the solution that meet business requirements adhering to security, IT compliance and quality standards.
- Provide effective project governance in place throughout the project execution including weekly/monthly meetings
- Manage P2P solutions components-catalogs: supplier onboarding, contract archive, features enhancements.
- Manage identification and implementation of supplier catalog introduction with the objective of continually driving spend reductions and facilitating ordering.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field is a must
- 5+ years of experience working in Procurement or Supply Chain Management functions
- 5+ experience in supporting development of procurement IT systems and implementing advanced sourcing methodologies
- Relevant experience of implementing procurement transformation
- Ability to communicate vision and gain alignment with senior management both internally and externally
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity, creates flexible strategies and adapts quickly to changing business environment.
- Must have hands-on experience working with procurement systems and reporting technologies. Specific experience in the following application is necessary – SAP, MDG as a plus
- Strong action/results orientation with the ability to work with minimal oversight, to be self-motivated and proactive in achieving individual/team objectives
- Proficient in written and spoken English
- Demonstrated effectiveness using Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Ability to access, analyze and use information in a manner that adds value to the organization;
- Monitoring, Measurement and Metrics: knowledge of key business drivers or measures used to gauge the effectiveness and performance of an internal group or a supplier